Truth and love are frequently discussed but seldom practiced.
The apostle John had seen Truth and Love firsthand–he had been with Jesus. Truth and love are inseparable from living the Christian life. John wrote this letter to remind Christians to love one another, but to be alert to truth.
- Love means doing what God has commanded us, and He has commanded us to love one another.
- Many false teachers will promote an unbiblical understanding of Jesus today.
- These teachers are dangerous because they distort the truth and undermine the foundation of the Christian faith.
- These teachers are cunning deceivers, but they seem sincere and credible. They are difficult to recognize.
- Be very careful around them so you don’t lose out on what you’ve worked to obtain through your faith in Christ.
- Do not walk away from the gospel of Christ.
- Do not fellowship with false teachers.