John, one of the original twelve disciples is the apostle of love, and love is mentioned throughout this letter to the Gentile congregation he is writing to. John uses simple words to reassure Christians in their faith and to help them identify false teachings.
- Jesus is the word of life.
- I am writing about my all I have witnessed while with Christ, so you may share my joy.
- God is light and there is no darkness in Him, (Light represents what is good, pure, holy and reliable).
- If we claim we have no sin, we are fooling ourselves, (All people are sinners by nature and by practice).
- Sin brings death, (Jesus did not die for His sins. He died for our sins).
- When we confess our sins we remove any barriers that hinder us from God.
- God has forgiven us for our sins through Christ’s death, but we are responsible for confession and repentance of sin.
- True confession and repentance involves a committed heart and mind determined not to continue to sin.
2 thoughts on “1 John 1 Highlights”
So happy you are doing these devotions . You have such wisdom about God’s word . Love you
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Deb!