To people who are feeling guilty and condemned, John offers reassurance. They know they have sinned and Satan (called “the accuser of our brothers and sisters ” Revelation 2:10) demands the death penalty for them. When you feel this way, don’t give up hope–the best defense attorney in the universe is pleading your case, Jesus Christ. He is your advocate and defender.
- Jesus paid the penalty for our sins.
- We should express love for one another not only by respecting each other but also through self-sacrifice (selfless giving) and serving others.
- We cannot grow spiritually if we hate others.
- Our relationship with God is affected by our relationship with others.
- Christian love is not a feeling but a choice.
- Young and old will battle with temptation.
- Worldliness can be characterized as:
Craving for physical pleasure.
Craving for the accumulation of things.
Pride in our achievements and possessions.
Obsession with status or importance.
- Anyone who denies the divinity of the Father and the Son is an antichrist.
- If you are saved you have the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
- Christ lives in us through the Holy Spirit.
- Remain in fellowship with Christ.
- Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Be full of courage and do not be ashamed of your faith in Jesus Christ.